- Message From The President
- University Mission & History
- Concerns and Complaints
- Strategic Plans
- Board of Trustees
- Campus Map
- Locations & Directions
- Green Initiatives
- Jobs at DU
- Consumer Information
- Faculty Development & Research Services
- Office of Institutional Research
Caritas Veritas Symposium
The Caritas Veritas Symposium is a treasured annual tradition at Dominican University. For one day during the fall semester, the entire university comes together to explore the meaning of our mission and motto through formal papers, panel presentations and interactive workshops.
During the day, the regular class schedule is suspended so that students, faculty and staff can give presentations or attend other presentations.
Caritas et Veritas: Foundation of a Good Life?
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
With the 2016 Caritas Veritas Symposium, Dominican University continues its celebration of the 800th anniversary of the founding of the Order of Preachers. We bring all members of the university community together to consider values—namely love and truth--foundational to Dominican life and mission and ask, what are their roles in the creation or discovery of “The Good Life”? From professional, personal, religious, civic and scholarly points of view, what do we imagine the good life to be? How does one live a good life?
Informed by the Dominican University motto and mission, we invite the entire community—faculty, staff, students, trustees and alumnae/i—to contemplate these questions:
- What does it mean to be good, to lead a good life?
- How do you find your good life?
- What does it mean for a student, professional, scholar, or educator to be good?
- How have the love and truth of others shaped your life?
- How does one reconcile self-interest with a sense of broader responsibility?