Summer School 2016
Taking advantage of Dominican’s excellent summer session courses is a great way for both Dominican students and students from other institutions to learn and earn credit at a discounted tuition rate of $505 per credit hour.
We offer a wide variety of summer undergraduate courses, including online, hybrid and traditional classroom offerings. Six-week courses are offered during two sessions:
- Summer Session I: May 16-June 27
- Summer Session II: July 5-August 15
Most of our summer courses are taught by our regular, full-time faculty members. Many of the undergraduate courses may be suitable for transfer credit at other institutions. Students should check with their institutions about whether Dominican courses may be accepted for credit.
To view a list of courses offered this summer, use the myDU Course Search and select "Summer 2015-2016" in the term section.
Registering for Summer Courses
Students from other institutions must first fill out an online application providing basic information to be eligible to sign up for courses.
- To apply, you'll need to create an account if you haven't applied to Dominican previously.
- Fill in the required information, click Review and then Submit.
- After you receive an email confirmation, you'll be able to register for courses.
- You must visit the Registrar’s Office to sign up for courses.
You must submit to the Registrar:
- A completed Undergraduate Summer Session Registration Form
- Either a Statement of Good Standing or an official transcript*
Current Dominican students can register through myDU.
Registration is now open. The deadline to register for Summer Session I is May 23. The deadline to register for Summer Session II is July 12. View the full academic calendar.
*The registration process cannot be completed without the Statement of Good Standing or an official transcript. The university reserves the right at any point not to recognize as registered any student who does not present a Statement of Good Standing or a current transcript.