Currently, URSCI offers these initiatives:
Undergraduate Research Assistant Program (URAP)
- Awards up to $1,500 per semester to undergraduate students who work as research assistants for a faculty member.
- The deadline for Spring Semester 2018 is December 2017.
- The deadline for Summer and Fall 2018 is April 2018. Faculty can apply for consecutive semesters of assistance.
Undergraduate Summer Scholar Program (USSP)
- Awards $2,000 to qualified undergraduates to complete an independent research project during the summer under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
- The deadline for Summer 2018 is March 2018.
The 2017 Undergraduate Summer Scholars are:
- Adriana Espinoza, Psychology
- Theodore Menet, Psychology
- Danielle Jones, Biology
- Jose Rangel, Physics
Undergraduate Research Support Awards (URSA)
- Provides undergraduates with up to $500 for supplies, equipment or travel costs associated with a research project.
- URSAs are awarded on an on-going basis. There are no deadlines. Monies are awarded until funds are depleted.
Research for Course Credit
- All departments can grant course credit for completed department-approved projects.